Last updated: (July 29, 2016)
- Information Collection
Upon users signing up on the website to offer services or hire services we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identity verification. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Government issued photo identification
- Your telephone number
- Your e-mail address
- Your home address
- Banking information
- Payment processing Information
- Your age
- Information pertaining to requests for services (Seekers) and/or offering services (Providers)
We may also collect Non Personal Information such as demographic statistics of our users, website traffic, frequency of page visits and the average time users are spending on the website.
Choreseek will implement the use of “cookies” during your use of our website. A cookie is a data file that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk for tracking purposes. Choreseek may utilize persistent cookies as well as session ID cookies. Persistent cookies give us the ability to store log in information and track your user preferences to make subsequent visits a more seamless experience. Session ID cookies allow us to track user behaviour when interacting with our website. We monitor this to understand aggregate usage information, web traffic routing, and other information related to how users engage with our website. By changing your browser’s settings you can control whether or not you accept cookies, however, if you do not accept cookies you may not be able to use all functionalities of Choreseek. We may also use “pixel tags” “web beacons” or “clear GIFs” to track the information related to website usage and email response for the purposes of better marketing practices and compiling aggregate usage statistics to improve Choreseek in the future. This information is collected anonymously and will not contain personally identifiable information.
Log Data/IP Address
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information so that we may understand our users’ behaviour better and for marketing purposes.
2. Use of Information Collected
None of the information we collect from the website will be distributed to any other third parties without the consent of the user. The information that we collect will be used but is not limited for the following purposes:
- Website Registration: As outlined above certain Personal Information will be required for users to sign up to use the website, users to hire a Provider and/or agree to perform services for a Seeker.
- E-mail and/or text message notifications: We will use the provided e-mail addresses and/or phone numbers in order to notify users of a service they have been hired for, to remind users to login to pay an invoice, encourage users to rate/review any service a Provider signed up on the website has completed for them and marketing communications. We may also phone users to verify any information they have submitted.
- Creation of Provider profiles: Certain Personal Information provided from users signed up to provide services will be visible for others to see (name (first name and last initial), services provided, ratings/reviews, uploaded profile picture, any other information the Provider has entered during initial sign up)
- Details relating to a service requested: Once a Seeker has hired a Provider through the website certain information will be necessary to provide the user with in order to complete said job. We will need to provide the Provider with the address where the job is to be performed and give them access to a chat portal where both users can directly communicate with each other on www.choreseek.com.
ChoreSeek Inc. is very committed to keeping your personal information private and secure, but our users must be aware that no transmission over the internet or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure and may involve some risks. The servers used to host the website may or may not be located in Canada which means we may be subject to laws of other countries. All personal information submitted by our users will not be stored in any physical or paper based format except that which we are required to do so by law. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
At anytime you can choose to close your account, have your personal information removed from our database, as well discontinue receiving any future communications from Choreseek. Users can also access and modify their personal information through their personal profiles. If you have any issues in regards to opting out or controlling your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you may contact us at email@example.com
- Add sharing third party info section